Sunday, November 21, 2021

Frodsham & Ince Marshes - 21st November

After last week's successful first trip to Frodsham Marsh I thought I would revisit to see what else I could find. Again the weather was good with clear skies. This time I started by walking around No.6 tank where there were large numbers of Black-tailed Godwit feeding in amongst the Teal and Wigeon. Overhead Pink-footed Geese and Lapwings constantly moved around in flocks. Back down to Lordship Lane I found the flock of 17 Whooper Swans standing in the field and at one point they took off and did a fly around. Other birds of interest were a male Stonechat and some Redwings and Fieldfares in the bushes. Moving on to Ince Marshes proved successful this time with 2 Cattle Egrets in amongst the Little Egrets feeding with the impressively sized pigs.

Whooper Swans
Whooper Swan
Whooper Swans
Whooper Swans
Black-tailed Godwits
Pink-footed Geese
Cattle Egret & Little Egret
Cattle Egret
Cattle Egret
Cattle Egret