Friday, August 13, 2021

Shooters Bottom & Horseshoe Plantation - 13th August

I decided to explore Shooters Bottom east of Horseshoe Plantation where apparently there is a colony of Small Blues. Although I could not locate these I found several very nice Wall Browns and a very fresh and obliging Essex Skipper in the grass at the bottom of Belle Toute. Here there were also several Common Blues - I need to check this area more carefully next year. Back at Horseshoe Plantation I found several good looking Silver-spotted Skippers and a handsome Brown Argus amongst the usual butterflies.

female Essex Skipper
female Essex Skipper
female Essex Skipper
female Essex Skipper
female Essex Skipper
male Wall Brown
male Wall Brown
male Brown Argus
female Common Blue
female Common Blue
male Common Blue
male Silver-spotted Skipper
male Silver-spotted Skipper